Hyper Island is now introducing more inhouse-roles for industry experts.
For our new program XR creative developer we’re now looking for a trainer Blender (https://www.blender.org/about/).
Who are we looking for?
You are good at 3D modelling in Blender and curious about exploring the world of extended reality (XR) together with our students.
You also have a good understanding of the overall aspects of the XR development pipeline from start to delivery well as basic knowledge of one of the game engines Unreal engine or Unity.
You have a genuine interest in teaching but you are NOT an instructor. Instead you want to develop creative tasks for students to solve and facilitate their learning along the way: by curating and providing content, by providing feedback, coaching and advice.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- You will hold regular classes in Blender.
- You will plan the content of these classes in collaboration with the responsible Hyper Island program manager.
- Other programs like Motion Creative or Motion Designer might be included in your tasks.
- You will support the students by reviewing their tasks in smaller groups and give feedback on group- and individual level.
Experience and competence
- Basic: relevant experience working with Blender. A big plus but not a requirement: experience as an XR generalist, you are real maker and have the relevant skills in C# and Unity.
- Interest and openness to learn the Hyper Island way of learning based on experienced based learning (contructionism, learning by making).
- Relevant experience working with 3D modelling in Blender.
- You are a fluent, native or near native English speaker.
- Previous experience as an educator is a plus.
- You collaborate closely with the responsible Program manager of the XR program.
- You will report to PM team lead Veronica Thunborg.
- Start: From August or September 2022.
- Location: Stockholm
- Part time employment 30% of a full time employment (12 hours per week) or freelancing as a consultant accordingly. Student contact time: 6 hours plus planning and preparation: 6 hours= 12 hours totally.
The application deadline is July the 7th 2022. Please note that if we find the right candidate the application process may be closed earlier than stated as we will have an ongoing selection of candidates from when the job ad is first published. Please present your documents and the video in English.
About Hyper Island
The only constant in this world is change and it is happening at an ever increasing rate due to exponential, technological development.
At Hyper Island we train individuals and organisations to thrive in this ongoing change - within the areas of technology, business and design.
Hyper Island today is a global organisation with campuses and offices around the world. Yet we remain true to our original vision to empower people to shape the future.
Our long term programs are higher vocational educations and funded by the Swedish state ( Yrkeshögskola (https://www.myh.se/)).