Senior Environment Artist
MACHINEGAMES SWEDEN AB · Uppsala
Ansök senast 20 dec.
Jobbet har utgått och går inte längre att ansöka.
MachineGames is seeking a Senior Environment Artist to join our team. As a Senior Environment Artist you will be highly competent in 3d modeling, UVing and creation of PBR materials and textures. You will assume a prominent position on the team, helping establish and optimize production pipelines, mentor junior team members, and contribute to the execution of the vision of the game in close collaboration with team leadership.
Our studio is located in central Uppsala, Sweden which is a small and vibrant city 30 minutes north of Stockholm with a historical heritage reaching back to pre-medieval times. It also has the oldest and one of the largest universities in northern Europe.
This is a permanent position starting as soon as possible. We will support your relocation and/or application for work permit if you have a non-EU passport and/or not currently residing in Sweden.
- Work together with other members of the team to establish the scope of the environment art requirements for team assigned game content.
- Work with the Art Director and leads on establishing, documenting and maintaining production pipelines
- To build environments according to designer requirements and blockouts, bearing gameplay constraints such as traversal and measurements in mind.
- Create game environment assets: Build, model and texture environment art, detailed props and objects according to concepts, references and/or art direction.
- Create textures and PBR materials for models and world space according to concepts, references and/or art direction.
- Use existing Assets and content to populate the game world in a believable and visually appealing way
- Collaborate with other team members on enhancing the visual fidelity of the game world to the absolute limits of the game engine, within the relevant memory and performance restrictions
- Work with the Art Director and Art Leads to continually revise game environments and refine visual quality, drama and look
- You operate within given constraints.
- You are autonomous and can take responsibility for your own actions and decisions.
- Experience with creating game ready assets, taking them through the modeling, baking and texturing pipeline, ready to be rendered in engine.
- Expert knowledge of at least one major modeling package (Maya, MAX, Lightwave, MODO or equivalent), along with industry standard tools such as Photoshop, Substance Painter/Designer and Zbrush.
- Expert knowledge of PBR systems with the ability to texture using both procedural and hand painted approaches
- Outstanding 3d modeling and texturing skills
- A keen eye for dramatic environments and lighting design
- Deep knowledge and experience with creating and maintaining game levels
- Photogrammetry skills considered a plus
- Photography/composition skills considered a plus
- Level design experience considered a plus
- Lighting experience considered a plus
- Good organization and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A proactive approach to problem solving
- Self-motivated team player with very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
- An understanding of and appreciation for milestones, schedules, deadlines and efficient game development processes
- 5+ years of game industry experience with at least two AAA games shipped.
- Passion for making great games
MACHINEGAMES SWEDEN AB
Machinegames Sweden AB