R&D Engineer - Valve Mechanical Design
Hitachi ABB Power Grids HVDC · Ludvika
Ansök senast 2 nov.
Jobbet har utgått och går inte längre att ansöka.
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We help keep your lights on, the factories running, our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Innovation
Do you have a deep interest in technology and would like to join a multinational organization with lots of development opportunities? Join Hitachi ABB Power Grids as a R&D Engineer with focus on Valve Mechanical Design for HVDC and FACTS applications. In this role you will be part of Technology & Solutions Development in Ludvika. The Valve Development department is a part of Hitachi ABB Power Grids Technology & Solutions Development and is responsible for the development of state-of-the-art converter valve products for HVDC and FACTS applications. You will be part of a dedicated and skilled team of R&D Engineers in Valve Development Department focusing mainly on electrical and mechanical design and development activities and working in close collaboration with the global HVDC organization. The HVDC technology has been on the market for the past 60 years and is used, among other things, to transmit power over long distances with minimal losses, using overhead lines, underground and submarine cable systems. Please find out more about our world leading technology at https://www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com/offering/product-and-system/hvdc
- You will work in new product development projects focusing on valve mechanical design tasks involving multi-disciplinary areas – for example heat transfer, electrical insulation, strength of materials and manufacturing technologies.
- Perform mechanical design for converter valve components including design calculations, preparation of design specifications and technical documents.
- Preparation of 3D CAD Models, drawings and BOM.
- Participate in various product verification tests from early prototype testing to final verification of converter valve design.
- This role requires a product lifecycle perspective in the design work by considering various aspects like reliability, safety, maintainability, tooling and manufacturing requirements.
- High level of collaboration is required with all stakeholders where speed of response is key.
- To succeed in this role, you should have 3+ years of experience within Mechanical Design and you hold master’s degree in mechanical engineering.
- You have deep understanding of mechanical core competences, material selection, manufacturing methods and basic understanding of electrical technology.
- Electromechanical design experience from electric power industry or design of high voltage products is valuable.
- Strong proficiency in 3D-CAD modeling is a must, ideally in NX environment
- Working knowledge of Team Center PLM system and SAP.
- Ability to prepare well organized documentation for designs, verification/production tests and manufacturing
- Good collaboration and communication skills to thrive in multi-cultural environment
- Fluency in English -written and spoken. Proficiency in Swedish will be an advantage
More about us
Are you ready for a new exciting challenge? Does the above description sound like you? Welcome to apply before 2nd of November! Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, so don’t delay – apply today!
More information: Recruiting Manager, Gopichand Bopparaju, +46 107-38 72 98, will answer your questions about the position. Union representatives - Sveriges Ingenjörer; Torbjörn Wilund, +46 107-38 25 73, or Mikael Hjort, +46 107-38 25 73; Ledarna: Christer Fridlund, +46 107-38 29 12; Unionen: Stefan Barkman, +46 107-38 33 04. All other questions can be directed to Talent Partner Hanna Kontsu, +46 107-38 53 25.
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centers. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com
Hitachi ABB Power Grids HVDC
ABB Power Grids Sweden AB