Are you a public health professional or epidemiologist with experience of working on the editorial side of scientific journals? We are now looking for a new team member for our client ECDC in Stockholm. You will work as a jr scientific expert in the Scientific Methods and Standards (SMS) unit within the Eurosurveillance Editorial office. Eurosurveillance is the scientific online journal published by ECDC.
Randstad Life Sciences is specialized in competences within Life Science. As a consultant with us, you get a competitive salary, benefits and collective agreements. Your consultant manager is always there for you and ensures that you get varying and developing assignments at different companies, within different industries. At Randstad Life Sciences, your personal development is in focus, and you are offered a large network and many social activities.
The junior expert will report directly to the Editor-in-Chief of the journal. Tasks include:
- Editing (copy editing and proofing) scientific manuscripts in a consistent and accurate fashion using and adequate style for the targeted audience.
- Appraising the quality and suitability of submitted and reviewed manuscripts applying suitable reporting guidelines and checklists where necessary.
- Supporting the Editor-in-Chief in the development of the journal content.
- Collaborating closely with authors and peer-reviewers.
- Ensuring the regular production of the journal based on XML-workflows.
This a full-time assignment that will start as soon as possible until year end with possibility of extension.
In addition to the profile specification, these specific competences and experience are required for the current assignment:
- Proof-reading and content editing experience;
- Ability to critically appraise scientific manuscripts;
- Background in communicable disease epidemiology, laboratory, biomedical field or related sciences;
- Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken;
- Computer literacy: word, excel;
- Attention to detail; self-learner;
- Very good organisation and coordination skills; very good negotiation skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines;
- Balanced decision making and ability to take initiative.
- For us, it is important that all competence and skills in the labor market are utilized. We welcome all applicants and strive for diversity.
- Having worked for a scientific journal or similar; having worked with XML workflows; being familiar with relevant reporting and guidelines and checklists.
Last day of application: 2020-09-20 Please note that selection and interviews will be ongoing. The position may be filled before the last day of application, therefore, apply as soon as possible. Submit your CV in the Europass CV format and include a motivational letter of maximum 1 page explaining which job specific expertise you can bring to the job.
For more information: Lisa Nguy, firstname.lastname@example.org
, please note that applications sent through email will not be processed and deleted due to GDPR.
About the company
ECDC is an EU agency aimed at strengthening Europe's defences against infectious diseases. The core functions cover a wide spectrum of activities: surveillance, epidemic intelligence, response, scientific advice, microbiology, preparedness, public health training, international relations, health communication, and the scientific journal Eurosurveillance.