MIDASPLAYER AB · Stockholm
Ansök senast 9 juli (63 dagar kvar)
King operates mobile games at a massive scale, putting a smile on gamers faces all over the world! With titles like Candy Crush, Bubble Witch and Farm Heroes our code runs on hundreds of millions of devices globally. Behind the scenes there are hundreds of servers running our code in our data centers handling requests from millions of concurrent players.
The Game Systems team develops and maintains the underlying tech that makes this possible. As a member of this team you will work with highly skilled people on these fundamental building blocks. You will see message queues passing tens of billions of messages per day, databases processing a million queries per second and web services responding to clients every microsecond.
Sounds like a treat?
Your role within the Kingdom
Are you all about Java, tech and gaming and would like to join our team working with backend systems?
Work within this team centers around the development of King’s server frameworks, libraries, and support systems for our game services.
We approach our work with a DevOps mindset, taking responsibility for shipping services quickly and often, enabling and handling the operation of these services at scale, and for live incident response. As a member of this team you will also work closely with game teams to support them in developing new technology to support new game features, enabling the future of mobile game development.
The Games Systems team offers a unique opportunity to be involved hands on with multiple aspects of game backend development, and King offers many opportunities for training and personal development.
Skills to create thrills
- Experience with Agile Practices, such as Scrum or Kanban, Continuous Delivery, Automated Testing, Code Reviews, Pair Programming and so on.
- Comfortable working in Linux server environments
- Experience operating a backend system with live users
- Capable of taking work from concept definition through to deployment and operation
- Comfortable working directly with stakeholders to define required work
- 2+ years experience working as a Java developer within a software engineering
- Experience with cloud and infrastructure as code, preferably Google Cloud Platform
- Experience developing frameworks
- Experience of both integrating 3rd party APIs over IP, and the creation of libraries and APIs for other developers to use
- Database experience, such as working with MySQL
- Message queues or streaming technology experience, such as Kafka
- Operation of backend services at scale
Making the world playful
When it comes to interactive mobile entertainment, we're pretty proud to be number one. We bring moments of magic to hundreds of millions everyday through games like Candy Crush Saga and Farm Heroes Saga. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that’s it.
Let's shape the future
Making great games is incredibly challenging but we’ve proven it can be done…and we see a world of possibilities ahead. Together we can experiment, learn and adapt to continuously shape the industry, raise the bar and delight billions of people across the world.
You’ll find all you need to apply (it´s super- easy), plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com.
All applications should be made in English and we are keen on getting to know you and the stuff that makes you tick!