Java Developer - Streaming Platform
MIDASPLAYER AB · Stockholm
Ansök senast 19 maj (Idag)
Want to create the world’s best mobile games? Have you got the skills to make that happen? We’re looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our Kingdom. You’ll be part of a team that speak your language, taking on complex challenges - using some pretty nice tech. Our games are adored by hundreds of millions of people, and you’ll be building them. As well as the engines and support systems that make them play brilliantly on any platform.
Your role within the Kingdom
Here, you will get the chance to tackle very big and fast data - over 120 billion events received from the games every single day, processed in real-time!
You will work closely with fellow data engineers, business intelligence developers, data scientists, business performance managers/directors and game developers across all our game studios.
The purpose? Ensuring that we stay ahead in the stream-processing-game, using the findings to create user-centric products, making our players happy!
Some of the fun stuff you´ll get to do:
- Develop, maintain and operate our large scale real-time stream processing platform
- Improve and automate monitoring and operational processes for our systems
- Research and prototype new backend solutions for data processing, analytics and storage
- Turn ad-hoc data science solutions into efficient, scalable models and applications
- Work together with fellow engineers from different teams on joint projects in King analytical space
- Promote team’s products to a broad audience of both technical and non-technical backgrounds and support/ educate users
Skills to create thrills:
You are curious individual who really enjoys solving problems and are a big fan of "Great engineering". Eagerness to learn and trying out new techy things is traits that you can relate to being "you".
- Deep understanding of Java and object oriented design patterns
- Experience working in UNIX environments
- Experience with stream processing technologies (We use Kafka and Flink)
- Hadoop technologies: HDFS, Yarn, Hive
- Stream processing technologies - Kafka, Flink
- We know that you are in to games on some level (casual, console, board-games etc.) and if you also have experience working in the online gaming industry, we sure would like to hear your story!
Making the world playful
When it comes to interactive mobile entertainment, we're pretty proud to be number one. We bring moments of magic to hundreds of millions everyday through games like Candy Crush Saga and Farm Heroes Saga. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way.
A great saga needs diverse heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We craft games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all kinds of people from all types of backgrounds to bring them to life. We believe we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and new ideas in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sort of heroes, wouldn’t you agree? That’s why we provide equal opportunities and hire all sorts of talent.
It's an exciting time to join King. We're challenging ourselves to dream bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. Together we’ll create new experiences that raise the bar. Through creativity and innovation, we'll redefine the world of games again and again.
All applications should be made in English and we´re keen on getting to know you and the stuff that makes you tick!