Northvolt AB · Stockholm · Ansök senast 31 jan. (63 dagar kvar)
Heltid · Tillsvidareanställning
Northvolt has an exciting job offer for a Purchasing Category Manager to join our passionate, diverse and dynamic procurement team in Stockholm or Västerås.
In joining us you will play an important part from the very start in building one of the first large scale European battery factories. Northvolt will play an important role in the transformation to a carbon free society.
The Category Purchasing Manager will be in charge of developing and managing a set of suppliers, collaborating closely internal stakeholders.
The overall mission is continue building the supply base, develop commodity strategies and the panels for the different sourcing activities, recommend the suppliers and the plans for new project and drive supplier optimization related to cost, quality and reliability.
You will be part of the Mechanical Purchasing team of four people with a lot fun.
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a new team, contributing with ideas and solutions. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story in Sweden (to start with) and see the results of your work.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Defines/improves, sourcing strategy for the Mechanical Part Category
- Evaluates suppliers’ capabilities and negotiates best possible Quality Cost Delivery contractual conditions with suppliers to help achieve Best in Class competitiveness of Northvolt Programs, including localization in Europe
- Works tightly with Cell Design and Process Engineering counterparts or internal clients (Automation, Quality, Logistics, Programs, Business Development) and develop a supply base that fits Northvolt’ s need in terms of technology, quality, reliability, cost competitiveness, capacity, security of supply and match to company values
- Works tightly with Northvolt Purchasing Project (Labs, Ett, Joint Venture, Cell Project Purchasing) and in full consistency with projects’ QCD objectives, including risk assessment and mitigation, drives continuous improvement
Apply with CV or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.
Skills & Requirements
- You hold an Engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering or others.
- At least 5 years’ experience as sourcing manager / sourcing specialist of direct materials from an industrial setting.
- You have previous experience from mechanical production (i.e. stamping, deep drawing, rolling, extrusion, assembly, etc.)
- Curious, technically educated, data driven
- Qualities that we cherish are flexibility, sense of quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humor
- English written and oral skills, other European or Asian languages are nice to have
- Having fun in negotiation and problem-solving
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Passionate & purpose driven