Paradox Development Studio AB · Stockholm · Ansök senast 28 mars (60 dagar kvar)
Heltid · Tillsvidareanställning
At Paradox, we believe our players deserve to get an engaging, dynamic soundscape that will provide the best audio feedback for each of the stories they decide to play out, in any of our titles.
About the role
As Audio Director, you will be responsible for overseeing all of the creation and implementation of sound assets, VO, and music, as well as being the main point of contact for "all-things-audio" in a project, recognizing the specific needs and challenges, both on a creative and a technical level. You will work with Game Directors to create memorable and iconic universes of sound, as well as with the Audio Manager and the Audio Producer to formulate a game plan for how to realistically achieve each project's goals. By acting as a mentor to all of our sound designers and talent pool, your work will have a direct and influential impact on the quality and feel of the project, as well as help shape the future development of our Audio Department.
This means: Driving the efforts and rallying other creative passionate individuals to build exquisite soundscapes. Establishing audio goals that align with the product goals, and communicating how the audio vision and strategy support the product’s mission to leadership and team members. Establishing and documenting the technical and artistic audio charter based on the creative direction. Run work-in-progress reviews, feedback sessions, and more, to keep track of and guide content production.
- 5+ years experience in the game industry with at least two shipped titles
- 3+ years of experience as Audio Project Lead/Director
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work and inspire in a team environment
- Knowledgeable of sound design, Music, VO, and implementation as well as the stages game audio goes through from start to finish
- Strong organizational skills, and experience working with cross-discipline teams
- Solid understanding of audio technical budgeting and optimization best practices for games
- Appreciation for organization, use of naming conventions, and attention to detail
- Knowledge of digital audio fundamentals and audio theory
- Knowledge of FMOD or similar audio middlewares
- AAA game audio experience
- Composition and Interactive Music skills
- Experience in code or scripting
- Experience working on a live service game
- A rich history of game-playing across a wide variety of game genres with a focus on strategy titles
On a personal level, you’re a curious and creative audio professional, passionate about Game Audio. Your experience allows you to identify issues and solve problems quickly and effectively. You are comfortable using different DAW and audio tools (such as Pro Tools, Reaper, Cubase, SoundForge, iZotope Suite). You understand the need for being detail-oriented and structured, and you use those skills by documenting and streamlining processes while always maintaining the highest possible quality.
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.
Paradox Development Studio AB
Paradox Development Studio AB